Sunday 26 April 2015

THREE

I think it’s better if I introduced a bit about this wonderful island before I write my personal travelogue, truth to be told I didn’t know the history of Pulau Aman before this, I only knew the history after my visit to there. I will try as much as I can to make this part interesting because we know how boring the history could be (or is it just me who find history is boring?)


Pulau aman consists of two different islands which is Pulau Aman itself and Pulau Gedung, Pulau Aman located at south side while Pulau Gedung located at north side and Pulau Aman covers 180 hectar. At the beginning, this island was discovered by deceased of Bugis, Arab and royal family of Kedah on 1817. On 1910, the Chinese and the Indian came to this island as fisherman and labor workers respectively, on 1957 until 1960; economic depression had occurred. Many locals move from the islands to the mainland in hoping they could make a better living there but this is different from what I know from the local as I interviewed few of them. According to the locals, the Chinese believed that one day Pulau Aman and Pulau Gedung will join; that explain why they move from Pulau Aman to Pulau Gedung. Nowadays, all of the villagers are consists of Malays only.


I will share my opinion on Pulau Aman from social perspective, economy perspective and environment perspective at the next blog post. Keep reading me


No comments:

Post a Comment